(To be finalized...):
- No externals whatsoever (that includes scripts, styles, fonts and any other media. Your submission is put in a single script tag and should work offline from the start).
- The submission deadline is 10 September 2010, 23:59 CET. The submission form automatically rejects submissions afterwards
- One final submission per person allowed. The jury will only consider the last entry you've submitted before the deadline.
- Minification is (obviously) allowed, your submission does not need to pass jslint and will not be judged on style.
- Demo must work in current versions of:
- Firefox (3.6.8)
- Safari (5.0.1)
- Chrome (5.0.375.99)
- Opera (10.60)
- Just make it work please, don't bitch about very specific minor-versioned browser details
This levels the playing field and prevents dirty browser specific hacks that won't work on the others.
- Must not crash in any of these browsers
- Should behave approximately equal in all browsers (your rating depends heavily on this!)
- Platform shouldn't really matter (especially since it should work in all browsers)
- Whitespace counts toward the limit. Returns usually count as two bytes (but hey, if you can submit it...).
- Bad coding practices, while not promoted, are allowed. So
with are in (unless the finalization of these rules say otherwise, give me compelling reasons)
- Your demo does not need to be visual/graphical (although it's the most probable choice). You do get the canvas tag for free (see demo page).
- Your script (entire submission!) will be put inside the script tag on this simple demo page containing one canvas tag. I wouldn't worry about onload or dom ready. Assume document.body and the canvas element are available (what is this, 2002?).
- Note that document.body.children is available (Closure will rewrite this into `a` though, make sure you check your final submission before submitting please), whilst the auto-global `c` is not (Firefox does not support that).
- Test your page in the demo shim. Make sure it works on all four targets.
- Jury's are excluded from competing (but they may submit to showcase :)
- The deadline is very strict and automated.
- Don't jailbreak the frame, please*.
* Although the rule is serious, this was funnier when it was an iFrame. But iframes screwed up half the demo's for some reason so I had to fall back to framesets... Ohwell.